Sharjah Shake, popular milkshake in Kerala…
This is not the popular milkshake of Sharjah, instead, it’s Kerala’s favorite milkshake. Sharjah shake was founded in Calicut in the 80’s, since then this has been the most favorite milkshake of Keralites. Teenagers favorite, in fact, loved by both kids and adults.
During my college days, I’ve enjoyed Sharjah shake with my friends. So many sweet memories associated with this popular milkshake.
Make homemade Sharjah shake in your kitchen with simple ingredients. The key ingredients are frozen milk and banana. Turns out in most milkshake bars in Kerala, either horlicks or boost is added. They are the malt-based nutritional drink powders and imparts the malty flavor to the shake. I bought horlicks from the Indian store and added to the Sharjah shake.
Turned out yummy. I did share this popular milkshake with the Canadian kids in my neighborhood and they all loved it.
The Best Tasting Sharjah Shake- Homemade Sharjah Shake Recipe
- Frozen Milk- 2 cups
- Banana, ripe- 2 small bananas or 1 large banana
- Horlicks- 2 tbsp (Must Add)
- Brown Sugar or White Sugar- ½ to 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts- 6
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp (optional)
- To freeze milk: pour 2 cups milk into a Ziploc bag and place it in the freezer.
- To slightly crush the milk, smash the bag with a rolling pin.
- Into a blender, add the crushed frozen milk.
- If using small bananas, add 2. Or use 1 regular ripe banana.
- Add bananas, horlicks, brown sugar, cashew nuts and vanilla extract to the blender.
- Adding vanilla extract is optional. If added, the shake will taste delicious.
- Blend into a smooth milkshake.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
- If you want to make this shake even more delicious, you can top with a scoop of ice cream- yum yum.
Content sourced from Thasneen
*This section only applies to third party rss feed users*
— Kashmir Broadcasting Corporation allows the use of RSS Feeds, but with our content usage we expect that credit is given, but in the event that it is not. This content policy annotation will act as a credit towards KBC (Kashmir Broadcasting Corporation) Please visit kbcchannel.tv for more news and articles — we can not justify what is written on a third party site, as the content can be altered to their specification, if something is not authentic as it should be please visit kbcchannel.tv and look for the original content. if it is no longer there then it can no longer be associated with Kashmir Broadcasting Corporation and if the content on a third party site has been altered to the point of offence or deemed inappropriate please report it to KBC via email: email@example.com or fill the submission form on kbc’s website: https://www.kbcchannel.tv/report-form/ with the details of the site and article heading — Thank You
Website — https://www.kbcchannel.tv/
FaceBook — https://www.facebook.com/kbcchanneltv
Twitter — https://twitter.com/kbcchanneltv
YouTube — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6TFLe3dGbavSYilnC2paQ
Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/kbcchanneltv/