Sport

Conor McGregor arrested in Corsica for alleged indecent publicity

Conor McGregor ‘vigorously denies accusations’ after UFC superstar is arrested on suspicion of attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure

  • UFC star Conor McGregor has been taken into custody by police in Corsica 
  • The 32-year-old fighter is alleged to have been arrested for indecent exposure  
  • His representatives have told TMZ McGregor ‘vigorously’ denies the accusations
  • McGregor had been in the area with his fiancee to take part in a 180km voyage  

UFC star Conor McGregor was taken into custody in Corsica for alleged indecent exposure and attempted sexual assault – but ‘vigorously’ denies the explosive accusations against him. 

The former two-weight UFC world champion was arrested following the incident on Thursday. Prosecutors say the ‘acts […] could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition’. 

A representative for McGregor shot down the allegations, telling TMZ: ‘Conor McGregor vigorously denies any accusations of misconduct.’

‘He has been interviewed and released.’

The MMA fighter was in the region to take part in a voyage to raise awareness of water safety

The MMA fighter was in the region to take part in a voyage to raise awareness of water safety

Conor McGregor has reportedly been taken into custody for alleged indecent exposure

Conor McGregor has reportedly been taken into custody for alleged indecent exposure

The Irishman has been based on the island over recent weeks to prepare for a 110mile voyage to raise awareness for water safety, the Mirror reports.   

He had been due to set off today with Princess Charlene of Monaco, but has been forced to withdraw.    

The prosecutor’s office wrote in a statement: ‘Following a complaint filed on September 10 denouncing acts that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition, Mr. Conor Anthony McGregor was the subject of a hearing by the police.’ 

READ  LeBron James slams Drew Brees's complaint of gamers protesting all through the anthem

No other details have been given on the charges against him at present.  

McGregor was recently pictured attending a lavish event in the region, on the port of Calvi, alongside his fiancee Dee Devlin on Friday night. He proposed to his long-term partner during the summer, and has shared several social media posts of them both during their holiday. 

McGregor, who has retired from UFC for a third time, has denied the accusations against him

McGregor, who has retired from UFC for a third time, has denied the accusations against him

McGregor was pictured attending a lavish event in Corsica alongside his fiancee Dee Devlin

McGregor was pictured attending a lavish event in Corsica alongside his fiancee Dee Devlin

McGregor shared several photos of himself preparing for the 180km voyage on social media

McGregor shared several photos of himself preparing for the 180km voyage on social media

Conor McGregor’s controversial moments 

Brooklyn bus attack – McGregor assaulted a vehicle full of fellow UFC fighters in 2018

Labelling German fighter a ‘Nazi’ – McGregor fought Germany’s Denis Siver in 2015 and tweeted, ‘Kiss them feet, Nazi’

Bar assault – McGregor pled guilty to assaulting an older man in a Dublin bar in 2019

Threatening to kill people from Jose Aldo’s city – Before his fight with Aldo in 2015, McGregor said: ‘In previous times I would invade his favela on horseback and would kill anyone who wasn’t fit to work’

Arrest for stamping on a fan’s phone – McGregor was placed in custody after being accused of stamping on the phone of a fan in Miami last year

McGregor revealed in July that he was set to be one of the athletes to take part in the 24-hour challenge across the course of this weekend. 

He had cheered on Tour de France cyclists from Nice in late August, and uploaded several pictures of himself wearing the famous yellow jersey on Instagram during his preparations.

READ  Ronaldo and different Juventus avid gamers missing sharpness – Sarri

McGregor had announced his retirement from UFC in June for the third time in just four years.  

McGregor, an icon of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), who goes by the nickname ‘Notorious’, is no stranger to controversy.

He hit the headlines in 2019 for an attack on an older man in a Dublin bar captured in a viral video.

In 2018 he pled guilty in Brooklyn, New York to disorderly conduct after attacking a bus filled with UFC fighters.

McGregor held the UFC title for featherweights from 2015 to 2016 and lightweights from 2016 to 2018 and lost to American legend Floyd Mayweather in August 2017 in a lucrative boxing match.

In June, he announced his retirement for the third time, after twice returning to the octagon  

Despite stepping away from fighting, McGregor was recently drug-tested by officials onboard his £3million yacht.

His preparations for the voyage were abruptly interrupted by the unexpected arrival from the United States Anti-Doping Agency. 

After the visit, he tweeted: ‘What’s going on here UFC? USADA have just arrived to my yacht this morning for testing? I’ve retired guys! 

‘But go on then, I’ll allow them test me. It’s all natural here baby! Forever and always, God Bless.’

McGregor was recently drug-tested by officials onboard his £3million yacht despite retiring

McGregor was recently drug-tested by officials onboard his £3million yacht despite retiring

McGregor had posted pictures of the drug-testing equipment on his social media accounts

McGregor had posted pictures of the drug-testing equipment on his social media accounts

Read More: https://www.kbcchannel.tv | For More Sports | Visit Our Facebook & Twitter @kbcchanneltv | Making The Invisible, Visible

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker
%d bloggers like this: