These days walking outside to my backyard feels like a vacation in itself. As most of us will be spending the summer staying close to home with our immediate families, we couldn’t be more thrilled to be offering a HUGE giveaway today to help one lucky reader upgrade their backyard entertaining space.
I will admit that outdoor living isn’t where my expertise lies but lately I find myself wandering around Pinterest more and more, collecting images of gorgeous backyards and dreaming of someday creating a space of my own that our kids, neighbors, and friends can enjoy with us.
When it comes to outdoor spaces, the sky is really the limit. You can go big, creating an entire living space complete with lounge furniture and speakers—I’ve even seen people put a T.V. in their outdoor space!! I’m a little more practical (more power to those people who are really going for it!) but it can be easy to become overwhelmed with all the choices AND costs associated with an outdoor space.
After looking at my own space (which is smallish) and my budget (even smaller), I put together a list of easy ways to make a big impact in your backyard.
- Clean it up. It seems simple, but if you’re looking at your backyard and feeling a bit “meh” about the space, pull up your sleeves and get a good cardio workout by tackling all the leaves, brush, twigs, and other debris that accumulates over the winter. It’s surprising how much of an impact neat and tidy landscaping can have in improving the use of your outdoor space.
- Add lights. Twinkling lights make even the simplest of spaces quaint and romantic. They can help provide better lighting for nighttime fun so you aren’t dancing and drinking under the floodlights.
- Create seating areas. Only have a small patio? Create a small area for reading and another for eating and drinking. Use furniture and small outdoor rugs to help divide the space and make the most out of your hard surfaces. And hey, what about adding a hammock or some lawn chairs across the yard? It will draw your attention outward, helping the space feel bigger and more useful.
- Add a fire pit. This is a fantastic way to add hardscaping to your space. A fire pit can be used for roasting marshmallows and gathering friends and family long past sunset. And, it’s a surprisingly simple installation process.
Wishing you the best of luck and let’s enjoy the outdoor spaces we have this summer!
Want a chance to enter your very own Flagstone Concrete Fire Pit Kit?
Comment below and tell us who you’d like to invite to share in a relaxing evening around a bonfire (when it’s safe to do so, of course). We will select one (1) winner at random on Thursday, 05/21/20 at 12 noon CST.
* Please note: The winner will receive the shipment at their destination of choice, with the opportunity to arrange for delivery if the winner is available to be at home during the delivery window. Giveaway will be open for one week after initial posting. Winner will be selected at random. No purchase necessary. Giveaway is only open to residents of the continental United States. The recipient must be able to accept delivery on their property; unable to deliver the product to an apartment complex.
Editor’s Note: This post was sponsored by Belgard. The compensation we receive in exchange for placement on Wit & Delight is used to purchase props, hire a photographer, write/edit the blog post and support the larger team behind Wit & Delight.
While compensation was received in exchange for coverage, all thoughts and opinions are always my own. Sponsored posts like these allow us to continue to develop dynamic unsponsored content.
Thank you for supporting our partners!
Kate is currently learning to play the Ukulele, much to the despair of her husband, kids, and dog. Follow her on Instagram at @witanddelight_.
Read More: https://www.kbcchannel.tv | For More Lifestyle News | Visit Our Facebook & Twitter @kbcchanneltv | Making The Invisible, Visible